11.17.2009

What Do You Get When You Combine a Tiny Marmalade Jar and Jingle?

THE CUTEST LITTLE PIN CUSHION EVER!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you agree? Hee-Hee.

DSCN4832

I actually created this awhile ago, but that was back when I had lots of stuff to post so I kept it for a rainy day. Well, it's not raining, but being sick sort of stunted my creativity (you know how spending all your time sleeping can do that) so, I thought today was a GREAT day to show you this adorable little thing.

I started with the tiny Orange Marmalade jar. You see, The Hubbums LOVES Marmalade, so when I went on a business trip awhile back this was one of the things I brought back for him. He loved it, and he knew I would want the jar, so when he was done with the marmalade he kindly saved it for me. It had an absolutely A*DOR*A*BLE little red gingham lid that I was really sad to cover, but you know how it goes in the crafty world sometimes....sacrifices must be made, my friends. Sacrifices must be made.



Then came THIS fabulous publication from my friends over at Stampington & Co.

You see, I really love this little publication. I have gone though it over and over again and it is just fabulous. Some of the projects I would REALLY love to make, but they require a sewing machine, and, well..... you know about that relationship, right?
Yeah.
Me and my sewing machine don't so much speak to each other.
And I don't think it counts as me making it if I hand all the materials to The Hubbums and say, "Here! Sew this, please!" LOL!
(We won't mention the fact that saying that in no way leads to the project being done anyway....he CAN sew...that doesn't mean he does it on command. Just say'n.)

SO, ANYWAY...this fabulous publication had a GREAT little pin cushion tucked way in the back of it's wonderous pages. It was a cute little jar!
"HEY! I have a cute little jar!"
Yup....thus began my adorable little pin cushion journey.

So, I filled the cute little jar with buttons that matched the fabric that I chose to use and topped my little jar with my adorable little pin 'puff' and now I have the cutest little pin cushion EVER!

Seriously. It's freaking adorable. Just admit it.
You wish you were as cool as me. 'Cause I'm not dorky AT ALL!
Just Say'n.

I'm going to make LOTS of these. Why? Because I love them and they make me happy.
That, and they only require HAND sewing and THAT I can do!
Successfully, at that!
Just say'n.

DSCN4834

17 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Jingle! That is sooooo stinkin' cute!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just A-dorable!! Emma will love it, she's in the process of making one. Love that fabric, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable!! I would love to try something like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I may have to make a few of these for my crafting family members for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is THIS the answer to the 1900 baby food jars i have in my kitchen from my little one??? this is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that your marmalade pincushion is adorable. But then so is your Halloween mini pincushion!! You have a new title - The Pincushion Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww this is sooo adorable!!Hope you are feeling better!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I admit, it's cute...but it's not cute enuf to make me break out the needles. There's always a sewing injury when I do that!

    Still--it's cute, and the label is too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute idea!!
    Hope all is going well for you.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I like the buttons in the jar...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU ARE SOOO FUNNY! SO, YOU AND THE SEWING MACHINE ARE NOT ON SPEAKING TERMS, EH? HAHAHAHA
    And guess what!!!!! I don't know how to sew, but my BF does! too funny!
    And I love this! It would be perfect for me. I am always having to find my little buttons and what not and then having a pin cushion on top...perfection!! (well, i do hand sew my yoyos and what not...but, that is about the extent of it)
    I am, however, asking for a sewing machine for Christmas this year. YOW! so, I am going to have to learn! lol
    oH! and thank you soooo much for leaving me some love on my post at LSM!
    Have a good day, sweets!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so adorable! I need a good pin cushion... *wink wink* :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yah, that pin cushion is seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, Jingle! Maybe someday you'll feel brave enough to give the sewing machine a good talking to and show it that you're the boss! :) It worked for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. diazepam contraindications diazepam side effects children - diazepam names

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis