1.24.2013

The Contenders Blog Hop - You Amaze Me!

What is a Contenders Blog Hop, you ask? Well, you see, there is a large group of people who regularly (or not regularly... LOL!) submit work to Paper Crafts Magazine. They, obviously, can only accept so many submissions, but that doesn't mean that the others aren't fabulous! SO.... we are hopping today with the cards that didn't make the cut for the magazine, but we still kinda love. Just sayin'.

You Amaze Me

I submitted this card for one of the two sketch calls for the most recent issue, although, obviously I had sunshine on my brain from another category, as well! LOL! To create the base, I first scored the four quadrants and then scored the lines in each quadrant going in opposing directions. I love the texture and interest it adds, while remaining nice and white! I punched a circle and cut it half for the sun and added a few strands of twine for the sunrays.

You Amaze Me (detail)

I used the "you" die from Simon Says Stamp along with the coordinating stamp set for the sentiment. I just love the happy white, the bright yellow, and the strong contrast of the black! It makes me happy.

Sooo... there you have it! This one didn't make it into the magazine, but I'm so happy I got to share it with all of you today! If you submitted, you should totally join the hop! Just pop on over to Annette's blog and link up your Contender! If you haven't submitted, TRY IT! It's fun! I was fortunate to have another card chosen for this issue, so that was a happy day!!!

And with that, I wish you a HAPPY! Yes, my friends, have a happy.

Jingle Out!





35 comments:

Angi said...

This is such a happy card!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just as the card states- you amaze me!! i totally love yoour cards!!

Jamie said...

This is a great card Jingle, I love the embossing!:)

~amy~ said...

This rocks!

Anni said...

Such a cute card! That card makes me smile today and I am at home with a bad flu - so I needed that smile! Thanks so much!
Anni

Jocelyn Olson said...

Your scoring is out-of-control good! I *love* the contrasting sun and sentiment. Way to rock it, Jennifer!

PaperPixie said...

This is awesome! I thought the texture was an embossing folder. I can't believe you did that by hand! I also can't believe it didn't get published but I guess that is their loss and our gain because we get to see it now. :)

michib said...

Great card Jen - Love it!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this! Your scoring rocks! *** ;)

Smitha said...

I love this card!!! Beautiful scoring work!

Virginia L. said...

This card SCORES and it sure makes me smile :) Love it!

jen said...

This is super fab- I love it too! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This card makes me happy too Jingle!! Love the creative scoring and the little pops of yellow - the rays are totally inspiring too!

joscelyne cutchens said...

um. yeah. i love this. LOVE the crisp white, the texture. the lines, lead right to the sun. love the twine and the die cut you. awesome.
***

Crafty Math Chick said...

I think this is INSPIRED Jen! Shame on Papercrafts for not selecting this one!!
~ Meredith

Izzy Anderson said...

You amaze me! This turned out great!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL card!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is beautiful! LOVE your scoring - it couldn't be more perfect!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Katie Gehring said...

This is a fantastic card! Love the scoring, the twine, the die-cuts. Super inspiring my friend!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I've been wanting to comment all day. Now that I've put my kids to bed I can finally do it! This card is super adorable! It is so happy and fun. I love how you used the little pieces of twine for sun rays. So clever! Thanks for joining The Contenders hop!! You are so awesome!

Barb Turpin said...

Wow, Jen...what an adorable set! Love the way you showcased it...and here I'm trying to be good and not buy any more stamps till I've used the ones I have...

Nina Yang said...

Love this card! Now I am wondering which ones made it...

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cute!

Glenda J said...

This is awesome!!! Absolutely fantastic! Great CAS design.

Lalo said...

TOTALLY dig this card! I would have thought it was for the other category. I like all the texture too "YOU are awesome"!!!

Karen B. said...

What a great contender! So fresh and fun.

Chark said...

can't believe this didn't get picked up--great design!

Lea L. said...

This is so fun! LOVE the sun!

Kelly said...

Found it on pinterest, just got that die and stamp set. This is so cool!!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a great card! Love the die!

Susan said...

Your scoring is flawless! WOW!

Cassie_lu said...

what a create take on the sketch and brilliant to combine it with the sunshine theme. love the CAS design of it.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Simple, cheery..I adore this card!!

Julie said...

Aww, I love your baker's twine sunshine! So cute!

gale said...

Really cute! Love the scoring-it looks really neat.

ShareThis