5.06.2013

In Search of a Magnificently Marvelous Mint!

Mint.  It's all the rage in fashion right now, so naturally, it is all the rage in crafting, as well.  I have fallen 100% for this particular trend... yes.. I even own mint pants, much to The Hubbums' chagrin.  HA!  BUT...I was finding it VERY difficult to get a really good mint ink color for my stamping!  Well... that's when Tsukineko stepped in!  John sent me a bunch of fabulous ink colors and in those included several I could test out in search of a Magnificently Marvelous Mint!  Here are the results!

The Great Mint Ink Search


Each of these is a Tsukineko ink.  And I love ever.single.one of them.  HA!  However, many, as you can plainly see, are not in any way, shape, or form 'minty' in nature.  I did come to a decision after conducting this test, however.  The Aquatic Splash is a remarkable good pale mint tone and the ....wait for it... VersaColor MINT is a lovely deeper mint tone.  (Who knew?!  LOL!)  Mind you, when I began this search I hadn't yet discovered the one actually called mint.  Just putting that out there.  HA!

So...if you are in search of the perfect mint I recommend checking out these fabulous ink colors.  If you are looking for some other lovely green and blue shades...the rest of them are fabulous, too!  YAY!

And..because I hate to post with out a card...here is a fun one I created using VersaMagic inks in a variety of colors along with the super cute sequin stamp from Fresh Squeezed Stamps On Trend set and a cute sentiment from Paper Smooches.

Sequin Birthday


Have A Happy!!!

13 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love your mint write-up!! Loving the option for a darker mint as well as a lighter one! Hoping you'll post a follow-up to include other manufacturers too at some point!

Also, the card? Love.

Indy said...

Love all those colors! As for the mint pants, I recently purchased a pair and am loving them (hubby too)! Great card!
{hugs}
Indy

Mary Pat Siehl said...

those colors are awesome!!
your card is so fun!

Miriam Prantner said...

Thanks for the comparison! I think that Aquatic splash is my favorite! I must also find a sequin stamp....

Angie said...

Those colours are all so pretty!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Glad you found your perfect mint! Love the results on this pretty card!

Wida said...

Mint is tough, I like the visual comparison AND the card!

Alice Wertz said...

did you just mentioned a sequin stamp?? must go check it out! =) thanks for the color chart. i think i need the mint color. love your card, too. those stamped sequins are so yummy!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That sequin stamp is so cool...for a moment I thought you had stamped with an actual sequin. Love the mix of colors. Thanks for the ink chart. It's handy to see which colors I need. ;)

Lea L. said...

Totally loving the sequin stamps!!! How fun!!

C Wu said...

Awesome sequin card. Thanks for sharing the search with mint color ink. That's what I have been looking for.

gale said...

This is sooo cute!! Love the sequins in all the soft colors.

Cindy Groh said...

Cute card.

ShareThis